About Me

My photo
Farmington, UT, United States
I'm a mama of 2 sweet girls, Dylan and Devyn. I'm a Yoga Instructor and Home Business Owner. Dylan started Kindergarten this year and is in the Spanish Immersion program (her teacher only speaks Spanish for half the day!) Devyn is busy growing up and trying to be like Dylan! Mike is a Finace Director and Carsalesman. www.StayinHomeAndLovinIt.com/4myfam www.SaferisBetter.com/4myfam

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Update on Resolutions

Today is Sunday Jan 6 and I've been great since my last post. I'm feeling more energetic and optimistic about my eating habits. I've been doing yoga steadily for the last year and a half, but now I've added in some strength training and I'm seeing my definition in my arms come back.

I'm following the "YOU on a Diet" book. I love it cuz it's not about dieting...it's about making smarter choices and learning your hunger/fullness signals. I'm a BIG TIME emotional eater. So I'm picking up water, fruits, or nuts instead of ice cream, popcorn, and chips.

I haven't come up with a good system for rewarding myself yet...I'm afraid if I eat a piece of chocolate I'll eat the whole box. I know that before long I'm gonna hafta figure something out so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I was telling Mike about my inner dialoge thinking I might be somewhat crazy...but according to him everyone does that. It's kinda like our angel and devil on our shoulders. I gotta learn to lay off myself a bit more though...Hey, I'm only human right? At least I hope so :-)

No comments: