About Me

My photo
Farmington, UT, United States
I'm a mama of 2 sweet girls, Dylan and Devyn. I'm a Yoga Instructor and Home Business Owner. Dylan started Kindergarten this year and is in the Spanish Immersion program (her teacher only speaks Spanish for half the day!) Devyn is busy growing up and trying to be like Dylan! Mike is a Finace Director and Carsalesman. www.StayinHomeAndLovinIt.com/4myfam www.SaferisBetter.com/4myfam

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hey Ya'll

Hey there! It's been a while since I've updated, yet again, I know! This week has been super crazy! Along with working Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri and Sat, my mom was in town! So the days were spent hanging out with her and my sister and sis-in-law and kids, going to lunch and movies. Needless to say I didn't get much done around the house. But I made a lot of money this week too! YAY!

I freakin LOVE my job! I feel stupid saying that cuz I'm a lowely bar maid/waitress, but I love it! I meet some of the coolest people and hang out with people that LOVE and appreciate me! It's so fun to go and be just 'Jennie' not MOOOOOMMMMMM!!! People ask me 'Please?' and they say 'Thank You', it's totally mind boggling to me sometimes.

I finally finshed my book The Pillars of the Eart by Ken Follett. What a good book! It makes me greatful that I live now and not back in the 1100's. Not only because of the modern conviences, but because of the injustice of the unknown. I'm not sure how to explain it so it kinda sounds dumb, but either way, I'm glad! In another way I envy the fact that your success was determined on how hard you worked and you values as a person, not just your title and what company you work for.

Now I'm looking for new books to read. Any ideas? I do have a list a mile long, but I'm not feeling them for some reason.

As far as the whole 'healthy' thing goes...ummm, no so much to report that's good. With Grandma Gretch being in town...we've been out to eat multiple times and I have a REALLY hard time ordering super healthy foods. Sometimes I make better choices between two options, but it's really just the lesser evil that wins.

It's a good think that being healthy is a long-term thing that always needs readjusting. If it wasn't I'd definately feel like a failure. I know that I've got more time and sometimes I use that as a crutch to lean on and justify eating the bag of Rolo's at the movie theater though. I've got to find a middle ground and be a little more firm in my resolutions. Like desert/treat everyother day or soda every other day instead of saying...'Hey I did good today I deserve a treat' it should be 'Hey I did good today AND yesterday, I deserve a small treat'! Maybe I need to sit down and redefine my goals for healthy living for when I'm eating out so next time I don't give in to free reign on my tastebuds!

No comments: