About Me

My photo
Farmington, UT, United States
I'm a mama of 2 sweet girls, Dylan and Devyn. I'm a Yoga Instructor and Home Business Owner. Dylan started Kindergarten this year and is in the Spanish Immersion program (her teacher only speaks Spanish for half the day!) Devyn is busy growing up and trying to be like Dylan! Mike is a Finace Director and Carsalesman. www.StayinHomeAndLovinIt.com/4myfam www.SaferisBetter.com/4myfam

Friday, January 4, 2008

Resolutions!

Ok, so it's 4 days in the new year and I've already messed up! Yesterday Mike had the day off so we were gone ALL DAY LONG!! To Costco, Toys'R'Us, Wild Oats etc. Since we weren't homne that meant eating out...yikes for my dieting....yum for my tummy.

For lunch we went to China Star and really the only thing they had that was semi healthy were Chicken Wraps. I made sure they didn't use MSG, but they didn't have low sodium soy sauce...I didn't dip, but the chicken came coated in sauce already and the lettuce...well it was iceberg (no nutritional value at all) But...better than nothing.

After all our errand were done we went to see the movie Enchanted (so cute!) but this means popcorn and sodas right? I prepared for this by taking a lil baggie of dried cranberries a pear and a bottle of water. No good, it didn't help with the smell of butter and salt and the os so fun feeling of crunch crunch in my mouth...I had a couple handfuls. Scratch that, I finished Dylan's lil box full :-( Since my water was all gone I had a sip or 2 (ok a couple of gulps) of Mike's Diet Coke and then...DUN DUN DUNNNN Guilt becomes me!

Here I am on day 3 and I've failed, what a war going on inside my head. It's ok Jennie, just be better the rest of the day, it's ok....no it's not, you know how many calories and sodium and fat are in that popcorn, I'm gonna hafta run 10 miles to work that off...no you're over exagerating...just play with the girls a little harder tomorrow and everything will be fine...no, screw it, I've already messed up, lets go get some ice cream...no, we're going to be good the rest of the day, just because I messed up once doesn't mean I have to throw in the towel, hey I'm only human give me a break...no way, you screwed up...it's the end for you, you'll never loose that last 15, just give up and enjoy your food and be happy with who you are....I am happy with who I am but I want to improve my healt is all....UGH!

I'd made up my mind that I'm ok, I can forgive myself the handfulls of popcorn and gulps of diet coke and make up my mind to just be better the rest of the day....until we go to Firehouse Pizza aaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It starts again, but I resolve to just get a salad and stick to it...but Mike and Edyie order a Canadian Bacon 1/2 combination pizza, so I forgoe the salad and eat the pizza and vow to start over again tomorrow!

So here I am...tomorrow...and I'm doing great! Now I just gotta stay strong through work tonight...no snacking on french fries or eating my salad drenched in the ever delicious Blue Cheese Dressing. Nope...instead I'm going to eat a delecious side of veggies and a yam with cinamon and drink lots and lots of water! YAY!!

1 comment:

The Stones said...

Jen, don't be so hard on yourself! You look great! Unless you're intimidated by Jarum!