About Me

My photo
Farmington, UT, United States
I'm a mama of 2 sweet girls, Dylan and Devyn. I'm a Yoga Instructor and Home Business Owner. Dylan started Kindergarten this year and is in the Spanish Immersion program (her teacher only speaks Spanish for half the day!) Devyn is busy growing up and trying to be like Dylan! Mike is a Finace Director and Carsalesman. www.StayinHomeAndLovinIt.com/4myfam www.SaferisBetter.com/4myfam

Sunday, May 4, 2008

YogaFit!

I did it, I did it, I did it! I finished my Level 1 YogaFit Seminar. I'm not officially certified until I Community Teach 8 hours. I'm still trying to decide where I'm going to do that. I'm leaning toward the Womens Shelter in Kaysville! Any other ideas for me if that doesn't pan out?

I gotta tell you how absolutly AMAZING this weekend has been for me! It could quite possibly be the most UPLIFTING and EMPOWERING thing I have EVER done for myself. I know it was a Yoga workshop, but...I learned soooo much about myself, something that yoga is all about.

The very first thing that came out of Nicolles mouth (she was the instructor) was..."You are all here, in this moment for a reason, lets all Listen to our bodies and let go of all Competition, Judgement, and Expectations of ourselves and others and just be Present in the Moment!" How beautiful is that? Come to find out that's the Essence of YoaFit and we talked about that over and over and over again.

How Empowering is that? Think about it for a minute. Let's break it down. Listen to your body and let go of any competition you feel with you neighbor, sister, mother, magazine model etc. We don't have to be anything for anybody but ourselves, we're perfect just the way we are. Nobody can do you better than you can!

Next, Listen to you body and let go of competition. Life is not a Desination...it's a Journey! What are we racing for? Who are we racing? Let go...and LIVE IN THE PRESENT MOMENT! There's NO greater gift you can give yourself!

And last, Listen to your body and let go of Expectations. Live based on how you feel right here and now! Don't expect yourself to do EVERYTHING ALL OF THE TIME! Allow yourself to be human and recognize those moments. Those moments are part of who we are. Learning to listen and live in the Present Moment allows you to live minute by minute and take things as they come and appreciate them for what they are...part of your journey!

Now I could go on, and on, and on, and ON about all of this and not even come close to what I learned about in 2 short days! All of these things and more are pulled from the Workbook, from my own personal experience and from what was shared in class by the other amazing women (and Mark, the Token Guy), I shared that opportunity with!

I hope to take these things to heart and apply them, not only on my yoga mat, but in my life. I'm excited and eager to start teaching these concepts with others and I hope to continue my education of Yoga to the next level!

Hugs, Love <3 and Peace!
Jennie Carlson YogaFit Level 1 Instructor (almost!) :-)

No comments: